Saturday, September 26, 2009

Day 48 - (09/26) Texarkana, TX

We said good-bye to the Stevensons today. They’ll be at the Texas vs. UTEP football game and we’ll both be listening for updates on the OSU vs. Illinois game.

Ohio State alumni in Austin on game day


The trip to Texarkana was long (386 miles) and the route (FM 620 to TX-45 to I-35N to I-35E to I-20 to I-635 to I-30E) was pleasant.

We’re staying at Shady Pines RV Park in Texarkana. It’s new, very nice and highly rated by Woodall’s. But, it doesn’t have many shady pines.

Highlight
We stopped at Collin Street Bakery in Waco, TX on a lark. It was an unexpected treat! We learned it was founded in 1898 and is famous for fruitcake. Their chicken salad sandwich on pecan bread was really delicious. Go north on I-35 and take exit 220A at Waco for great service and fresh baked goods.

No comments:

Post a Comment